35 Optical Drive


Originally constructed in 1942, this brick and wood beam two-story structure containing 184,000 square foot, was originally used by American Optical as a manufacturing/warehouse facility for eyeglass and plastic products for the face, eyes and ears. The building has gone through a series of renovations over the years which includes extensive investment by its prior tenant, 3M.

The building is positioned geographically in the center of the site with 15′ clear ceiling height on the main floor totaling 140,000 square feet and ample natural light provided by nine roof monitors and over 200/4′ x 6′ windows on the perimeter. The main floor is served by four loading docks on the south and two on the east side of the building.

The ground level of 44,000 square feet has direct access from the street and sufficient ceiling height to be used for office or storage space.


Physical Description

Proposed Use: Office, manufacturing or warehouse

Completed/Renovated: 1942/2006

Number of Floors: Two

Net Rentable Area: 184,000± SF

Exterior Walls: Brick and wood

HVAC: HVAC in office areas (20,000 SF); steam heat throughout the manufacturing area

Fire Safety: Fully sprinklered

Parking: Over 200 spaces adjacent to the building

Utilities: Building served by electricity, steam and fiber; natural gas available on‑site

Loading: Six tailgate height docks with dock levelers and lighting

Leasing Brochure

Interested in leasing space?
We’d love to hear from you!